Wine glass favors for a wedding shower are especially appropriate for serious oenophiles (wine connoisseurs). You may choose stemless wine glasses or opt for personalized wine glass favors for a bachelor party or wedding party favors. When you present wineglass favors for a wedding keepsake, you ensure your special day is always remembered.
Engraved Wineglass Wedding Favors
As one of the most popular drink for toasts and wedding festivities, wine wedding favors are sure to please any guest. Sparkling cider or juice can be served in the glass for those who do not imbibe. Place your wineglass favor at each table setting, so your guests are all sure to receive their gift.
Engraving the wineglass is sure to keep your wedding day in mind of your guests long after the last sip was drank. You can engrave the glass with your names, the date, or even a small picture that fits into a theme. Engraved wineglasses can be costly; but you can often receive significantly discounted rates for large orders.
The following companies offer wineglasses that are personalized wedding favors:
- CustomWedding.com-Choose from eight personalized glasses, including black or twisted stems. Pricing at the bottom of the page reflects the price for each glass, with discount for amount ordered.
- BelDecal.com-An elegant Domaine Mediterranean blue stemmed wine glass is engravable and comes in a large 13 ounce size. Prices are a bit higher than plain color glasses, but do drop as more are ordered.
- Custom Glassware.com-One of the cheapest places to get engraved wineglasses, it has over ten choices that range between $1.11 and $3.69 when over 144 are purchased. A proof is always emailed to you before your glasses are printed.
Wineglass Favors on a Budget
As many brides know, staying on budget is a key part of wedding planning. Even if your favor budget is too small to allow for engraved glasses, do not despair. With a few simple touches, you can make any wineglass a favor to remember.First, be sure to purchase your wineglasses in bulk. Whether you order online or head to a discount store, ask for a lower price for buying over a certain number of glasses. You can choose to get glass or plastic glasses. If your wedding will have a lot of children, plastic may be a safer option (less chance of breakage). Be sure all children's glasses are filled with punch or soda.
Secondly, consider adding a wine glass charm to the stem of each glass. Choose something that fits into the theme or décor of your wedding. Western cowboy boots, palm trees, hearts, shoes, flowers, grapes, or leaves are good choices. You may also want to go with your last name initial for a wedding that focuses on monograms as its main decoration point.
Finally, add a small wedding favor tag thanking your guests for their loves and support on your special day. Make the tag white or other light color, then print the text in your wedding colors. Cut around the tag with shaped scrapbooking scissors, and tie onto the stem with curled ribbon.
Associated Wine Favors
When having a wine themed wedding, you are not limited to just plain glasses as your favors. For instance, give out a wineglass candle, charms, or even an actual bottle of wine or sparkling juice to your guests.
Other associated wine themed favors include:
Tying Your Wine Theme Together
In order to have a well put together theme, you want to be sure that more than just the wineglass wedding favors reflect your love of wine. You can choose invitations and programs that feature grapes, vines, and toasting glasses. Additionally, you can also add a touch of the Tuscan sun or Sonoma valley to the following areas of your wedding:
- Choose merlot as one of your wedding colors.
- Have grapevines decoration the candelabras and altar.
- Make grapes the center of your pew decorations.
- Include a grapevine and grapes spiraling up your wedding cake.
- Give bridal party gifts that reflect your love of wine.
And of course, the most important part of your wine themed wedding will be when you embark upon your honeymoon, to stay at a California vineyard.