Brides planning a beach wedding may wonder where they can find bridal flip flops to go with their beach wedding dress. There are plenty of great finds for pretty, dressed up bridal flip flops for the big day!
About Bridal Flip Flops
Although flip flops are more casual than traditional wedding shoes, a bride still wants to look and feel beautiful on her special day. Fortunately, many stores offer flip flops with a bit of glamour that make these sand-worthy staples stand out. Wedding flip flops and sandals come in a variety of colors and styles, including white, off-white, silver, beige, pink, and clear for a beach wedding accessory as lovely as the casual beach wedding dress. Today flip flops have come a long way in terms of style, and this casual wedding footwear may be embellished with accents such as:
- Silk flowers
- Swarovski crystals
- Faux Pearls
- Small sea shells
- Novelty items such as champagne glasses or faux rings
Styles vary from platform thongs to embroidered slip-on sandals, with anything from woven grass to metallic soles.
Where Can I Find Bridal Flip Flips for My Wedding?
There is a substantial selection for bridal flip flops, and no shortage of where to find them. A first choice, especially for brides on a budget, is to check the selection of summer flip flops for pretty, embellished styles from standard department stores that may work with your gown. If flip flops aren't currently available when you need them, the Internet offers many sites where beach shoes are sold year-round.A second option is the vast number of wedding accessory and specialty shoe stores available online. You'll find an array of styles and price points to meet your needs. The following sites offer bridal flip flops and other casual wedding footwear:
- Advantage Bridal: A great selection of wedding flip flops are available here, ranging from fabric styles to metallic, crystal studded creations. Price ranges from approximately twenty to over sixty dollars per pair depending on style.
- Floppy Jo's: Wonderfully designed, delicate wedding flip flops, with embellishment choices of seed pearls, tiny silk florals, sequins, and more. Custom orders are also available, so you can have your flip flops match your dress perfectly. Twenty dollars and up.
- My Glass Slipper: A good selection here, although mostly white in terms of color choice. Styles range from a short-heeled metallic flip flop to the ultra-comfy wedding wedges. Prices range from approximately twenty to sixty dollars.
- Tracey Asai Designs: Perfect for the bride who wants beach footwear with elegance, these custom bridal flip flops are made with moiré taffeta for a wonderfully shimmery look and great choices in delicate accents and embellishments.
- Wedding Tennies sells a variety of flip flops and casual wedding shoes, including custom-painted flip flops that can be designed with your wedding theme.
Novelty Wedding Flip Flops
Novelty wedding flip flop are also a sought after item for a variety of reasons. There are cute flip flops that say 'bride' and 'groom' as well as other phrases such as 'just married.' These can be a great choice for the bride who has a dressier shoe or sandal for the ceremony but wants something more casual for the reception. They are also excellent gifts for the bride at a shower, or for the impending honeymoon. If the bride and groom are going casual, chances are the bridesmaid shoes and footwear of the entire wedding party may be sporty flip flops. In addition to the above-mentioned sites, the following offer novelty flip flops and casual footwear for the entire bridal party:
DIY Bridal Flip Flops
For those brides who just can't find what they're looking for, adding embellishments to a pair of white or silver flip flops can create an inexpensive and customized look. Browse the craft store for items to embellish your flip flops, such strings of faux pearls or white silk rosebuds, and work a little magic with the hot glue gun.
For the modern bride wondering 'Where can I find bridal flip flops?,' there are plenty of options whether in the form of making your own, purchasing a custom pair, or simply purchasing them from a wedding shop or department store so you can step out on the sand with style.