Invitations for a wedding rehearsal dinner aren't necessary, but the wedding party needs to be informed. Traditionally, the entire wedding party heads to the dinner immediately following the rehearsal. If you plan to invite additional family members and friends, printed invitations really come in handy.
Free Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Templates
The printable dinner invitations presented are easy to download and customize. All you need to do is:
- Click on an invitation to open up the file.
- Click anywhere on the text to replace the sample text with your own party information.
- Make your changes, double check to make sure the info is correct and there are no typos, and then click the diskette icon to save your changes.
- When you're ready to print, just click the printer icon, select how many invitations you want to print, and click the "okay" button.
If you need help downloading the invitation, check out these helpful tips.
The invitation above would be a good choice if you plan to hold the dinner at a nice restaurant. The invitation below is a little more casual and would work nicely for a dinner held in someone's home.
More Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
If you prefer, you can purchase customized invitations. Designs run the gamut from simple to fun to elegant, so there's sure to be a style that suits the tone of your celebration.
Some nice choices include:
- Chalkboard Rehearsal Dinner: As the name implies, this invitation looks like a restaurant chalkboard, and it has room for all the information you want to pass on to your guests. You can order 10 invitations for about $25, and the price per invitation drops for larger orders.
- Rustic Wood Mason Jar and Lights: This cute invitation would be nice for a less formal rehearsal dinner held in a backyard/outdoor setting. Pricing begins around $2 per invitation, and you can choose which type of paper you want your invitations printed on.
- Elegant Rehearsal Dinner: Print this nice invitation yourself. You can use any type of paper you like, and it's fully customizable. It will look professional, and it won't cost anything more than your supplies.
Let Everyone Know Dinner Plans
Since rehearsal dinners are traditionally less formal than actual wedding receptions, it's perfectly acceptable to phone your guests, email them, or send a printed invitation to let them know there will be a celebration dinner immediately after the rehearsal. Just plan to send out the information one to two weeks in advance of the date so everyone can plan to attend. With the wedding so close, you want to make sure the dinner goes as smoothly as possible.