Finding the right wedding parent gifts ideas is important. Without the support of your parents, you would not be where you are today-planning a wedding to the person of your dreams. Show your parents how much they mean to you by giving them a heartfelt gift.
Picking Out Personal Gifts
No matter what gift you end up giving your parents, it is important to come up with an idea that is geared towards their own personalities. Generic gifts just won't do when it comes to telling Mom and Dad what they mean to you on your wedding day.
As you try to come up with wedding parent gifts ideas, you want to ask yourself a few questions:
- What message do I want to convey?
- Am I looking for a sentimental gift or a simple thank-you gift?
- What are my parents' hobbies and interests?
- Do I want to give them a joint gift, or choose a gift for each of them?
- What is my budget for all my wedding party thank you gifts?
Even if you cannot come up with a specific idea, you will be more likely to recognize the perfect gift when you see it if you consider those questions. Be open to giving a unique gift if you think your parents would enjoy it. Don't think you have to buy them something silver and engraved just because that is what the current trend may be.
Help with Wedding Parent Gifts Ideas
Although you have known your parents your entire life, you may have trouble coming up with a great idea. However, you can get help by checking out some gifting websites that are geared specifically towards your needs.
FindGift.com not only has a wedding gift category, but also includes a Thanks-to-Parents subcategory. With over 700 gift ideas geared towards parents, you are sure to find something that sparks your imagination. From wine club memberships to unique family trees to gift certificates for a bed and breakfast stay, you can browse the listings to find something to your liking. If you find something you like, but it's not quite right, click on the "more similar gifts" to narrow your search criteria.
Although Gifts.com does not offer a specific parents section under their wedding category, you can search the Thank You! section for an appropriate gift. Refine your search by price, recipient (man or woman), or interest. From gift baskets of chocolate, wine, and fruit to books and home décor, you will get many helpful ideas for parent gifts. Choose to sort the selection by most popular or by the Gifts.com Gurus' Top Picks.
Traditional and Contemporary Parent Gifts
If you have a small to medium budget for bridal party gifts, you may want to stick with a more traditional parent gift. Hankies for the mothers or flasks for the fathers are popular choices. An engraved picture frame with a family wedding photo is another timeless classic.
These wedding websites offer elegant and traditional parent gifts for the bride and groom:
- American Bridal-Search for gifts to your parents as a couple, or by Mom or Dad gifts. Cufflinks, clocks, jewelry, and personalized gifts are top choices from this retailer.
- My Groomsmen Gifts-Traditional favorites like photo albums, keychains, and wine accessories are included with unique new ideas like Sudoku puzzles, Japanese tea sets, and mp3 cooler bags.
- ShopForWeddings.com-Choose from a silver plated jewelry box for Mom and an engraved mug for Dad, or go modern with digital photo gifts. The cards for moms, dads, and in-laws offered are a touching addition to go with any gift.
- Where Brides Go!-Get multi-purpose tools for Dad and a handkerchief for Mom, or pick from their array of unique but affordable couples gifts. A heart-shaped fondue set is perfect for the gourmet loving parents, or bending vases for the green thumbs.
Traditional and contemporary wedding parent gifts ideas tend to be more budget-friendly. Whether you stick to the classic silver engraved gifts or go with something more modern like a digital photo frame, you parents will love the gift you chose for them.
It is easy to forget how important our relationships are when planning a big event like a wedding. Show your bridal party and your parents how much they mean to you by picking out heartfelt gifts to thank them for their support.