Finding a unique bridesmaid gift doesn't have to be difficult. Thinking about the personality and interests of a bridesmaid go a long way in finding a one-of-a-kind gift.
About Bridesmaid Gifts
Giving a gift to your bridesmaids is both an expression of gratitude for participating in your wedding and their help with the wedding details. It is also a symbol of your friendship.
Traditional bridesmaid gifts are often items that can be used on the day of the wedding itself, such as jewelry -- necklace, earrings, bracelet, anklet. Items such as jeweled hair accessories, an evening bag, or even a pretty scarf are also more traditional gifts. Other common gifts include a framed photo of the wedding party or a keepsake photo album.
Alternative Gift Trends
While giving traditional gifts to your bridesmaids is a wonderful way to thank them, many modern brides are taking alternative gift routes. Instead of a silk evening bag, they might get a fun, personalized custom photo purse, or a cute backpack purse for a bridesmaid.
Contemporary gift ideas are limited only by your imagination -- they can be anything from a pair of concert tickets to a personalized gift basket. You can choose to give a sentimental gift, a practical, useful item, or even something fun and frivolous.
Unique Bridesmaid Gift Ideas
Each of your bridesmaids is unique, why shouldn't their gifts be? To narrow it down, you may want to decide on whether you want a fun or more practical gift -- although many gifts can certainly encompass both of these traits!
Personalized Gift Baskets
Some ideas are:
- Manicure or pedicure basket: Include nail care items she'll need to give herself a great home manicure or pedicure, including polish, nail file, buffer, hand lotion, orangewood sticks, and cuticle oil.
- Spa or bath basket: Put in a some body wash or shower gel, lotion, bath puff, bubble bath, and a few candles in her favorite scents.
- Movie night basket: A bottle of wine, some chocolates, and her favorite movie or a gift certificate to a movie rental store.
- Sports basket: If one of your bridesmaids is an athlete or into sports, put together a simple sports gift basket -- a new gym bag, some good sport socks, sweatbands or hair ties, and maybe slip in some tickets to see a favorite team or an autographed photo of one of her favorite teams.
- Cooking or baking basket: For the bridesmaid who loves to cook, include a cookbook she'll enjoy along with a few baking or cooking gadgets and perhaps some of the ingredients for a favorite recipe.
- Camping queen basket: For the bridesmaid who loves Mother Nature, a hiking backpack can be used to put in some new camping supplies and energy bars.
A gift basket is sure to be a hit, and the ideas are virtually endless -- limited only by your budget and imagination.
Gift Cards and Certificates
Gift cards certificates are another gift that are sure to be appreciated. For a unique bridesmaid gift, think about the stores, restaurants, or other places a bridesmaid likes to go to make the gift more meaningful.
Some ideas include:
- Mall gift certificates, good for any store in a mall
- Massage or spa gift certificates
- Gift card to a favorite clothing or accessory store
- Gift certificate for a favorite restaurant - try Restaurant.com for discount certificates
- Gift certificate for her favorite hair or nail salon
- Gift certificate to a bookstore for reading buffs
- Music store gift cards for music lovers
- Online movie rental subscription for movie lovers
- Craft store certificates for avid crafters
- Certificates for linen and home goods stores
- One night certificate for a bed and breakfast
For a unique bridesmaid gift, think about giving a personalized or engraved gift that will make a meaningful gift or keepsake. There are dozens of items that can be personalized, from monogrammed towels or robes to engraved desk items and trinket boxes.
Here are a few possibilities:
- Engraved pen and journal set for a writer
- Monogrammed tote bag, purse, or wallet
- Engraved silver business card case
- Engraved jewelry box
- Pretty personalized desk clock
- Sterling silver initial jewelry
- Engraved keychain
- Personalized silver compact mirror
- Monogrammed silk jewelry role
- Personalized cosmetic bag
- Monogrammed candles
A unique bridesmaid gift will be one-of-a-kind if you think about the recipient. Whether it's a keepsake album or a personalized bridge set, your bridesmaids are sure to love any gift that comes from the heart.