If you're planning the song list for your special day, consider a few R&B wedding songs. These emotional, soulful tracks may to suit the mood of your wedding beautifully.
The Importance of Wedding Songs
Consider it the soundtrack to one of the most important moments of your life: wedding music is essential because it plays such an important part of your special day. Whether it is played during the wedding itself, during the reception, or both, it holds heartfelt meaning for both you and your partner. To that end, choosing the right songs is vital to set the mood you want to celebrate your union.
Choosing R&B Wedding Songs
Many couples love R&B wedding songs because they are so richly melodious and romantic. With decades upon decades of songs to choose from, though, it can be tricky narrowing the list down! You might want to begin by going through your own CD collection and setting aside those that contain songs you may consider playing. Separate the R&B CDs from other genres, and don't forget to include compilation CDs you may have purchased over the years. Usually these tend to include some of the biggest and best hits of all time!
Another option is to check out iTunes, where you can easily download songs for as low as 99 cents each. Create a playlist on your computer and add your chosen songs to it. Then simply burn them onto a CD and you'll have your own personalized mix of songs for your big day. In order to really take advantage of all that iTunes has to offer - after all, the selection is huge and you could potentially be there all day otherwise - try typing in a few key words in the search area. A simple search for "R&B wedding," for example, will yield an impressive selection of songs, as well as a compilation or two.
The beauty of R&B songs for weddings is also in their variety. Be sure to add a little bit of everything to your CD. In addition to the all-important, sentimental first dance wedding song, you'll also want to include some fun dance music to energize the crowd. Include a mix that covers a variety of decades; younger people on your guest list will appreciate some current tunes, while older individuals will love hearing some of their favorites from decades' past.
You can't go wrong with these romantic love songs. They're all appropriate for a wedding, with fitting lyrics, beautiful melodies, and memorable lines.
- "Always" by Atlantic Starr is rife with romantic lyrics that seem almost tailored to a wedding, like "…I dedicate my life to you always" to "…and forever it will be you and me." You just can't go wrong!
- "Always and Forever" by Heatwave is another big favorite that promises "…we'll share tomorrow together, I'll always love you forever.""
- "Every Beat of My Heart" by Brian McKnight tells a loving story that speaks to the heart. Lyrics like "I want you to know, you take my breath away, and it's been that way right from the start…" set the right mood.
- "All My Life" by K-Ci and Jojo is a popular choice. With lyrics like, "You are the only one, you're my everything, and for you this song I sing," it's no surprise!
- "Suddenly" by Billy Ocean is a hit from the 1980s that remains popular today. Ocean sings, "There's beauty up and above and things you never take notice of, you wake and suddenly you're in love."
- "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross is an extremely common wedding song, but don't let that deter you from using it if you love lyrics like these: "…you mean the world to me, oh, I know I've found in you, my endless love."
- "At Last" by Etta James is undeniably a wedding favorite, which should come as no surprise with lyrics like these: "At last my love has come along, my lonely days are over."
- "Here and Now" by Luther Vandross couldn't be more suitable for a special day like this, particularly with lyrics that state, "Here and now, I promise to love faithfully, you're all I need."
For soulful, romantic music, R&B wedding songs are the perfect choice. With many different artists and songs to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect music for a very special event.