Guys who are looking for just the right attire for a beach wedding can find lots of exciting and stylish options in beach wedding shirts. From cool linen shirts to crisp cotton blends and light summer solid colors to vibrant tropical prints, choosing the right shirt and knowing what to pair it with will have you looking and feeling your best when the day of the wedding arrives.
Men's Linen Shirts for Beach Weddings
Shirts made from linen are a popular choice for beach weddings, whether they are local or destination weddings. These shirts are made from breathable linen, which will keep you cool while out in the sun. Linen shirts are comfortable and come in a variety of casual styles. Keep in mind that most linen shirts are dry clean only and wrinkle easily.
Style Tips for Linen Wedding Shirts
Linen shirts for men often come in white, but are available in a range of other colors as well. While women are typically advised against wearing white to a wedding, according to Anna Post, there's no such etiquette rule for men, so guys can wear a white shirt to a wedding. This relaxed yet stylish fabric is a great choice for beach weddings.
- Colorful Contrast: One idea is to a pair a colorful long-sleeve or three-quarter sleeve linen shirt with a pair of dress slacks, twill pants, or chinos that contrasts. For example, the vivid purple of the shirt provides a lovely contrast to the cream-colored pants. Go for a mid-tone shoe, like this medium tan, to finish off the look.
- Linen Shirt and Suit: If the wedding is on the more formal side, you can't go wrong with a linen shirt and complementary suit for a beach wedding. The light shirt and matching pants pair well with a striped jacket to add interest to the look, and simple leather dress shoes finish it off.
- Pastel Linen Shirt With Khaki Pants: Light and airy colors work beautifully with linen for a breeze feel. A pale green such as this linen button works well with khaki pants in cream, ivory, or tan. Keep in mind that khakis are more suited to a casual or informal wedding.
- Short Sleeved Linen With Striped Slacks: Short sleeves are ideal for informal beach weddings. A pastel button-down with an accent pattern is a great semi-dressy look for a casual wedding. To add style, consider pairing a top like this with striped slacks.
My Cuban Store
My Cuban Store features affordably priced linen wedding shirts. Options come in both short and long sleeve, mostly in basic neutral colors. Items can be shipped by UPS, USPS or FedEx, depending on your specific need. My Cuban Store offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee policy on all orders. You can expect to find classic wedding shirt choices such as:
- Traditional Cotton Blend Guayabera Shirt: This shirt is made from a lightweight cotton blend and features four front pockets, pin tucks in the front and back and decorations around the slits in the sides. It comes in 17 different colors and sizes small to 4XL.
- Long Sleeve Wedding Shirt: This long sleeve linen shirt comes in cool colors such as light blue and lavender. It is the ideal choice for chillier beach evenings since it has long sleeves. It is available in sizes small to 2X.
Wedding Tropics carry a selection of Italian linen shirts that are done in high quality styles that are ideal for both formal and casual weddings. Shirts are custom made and can take four to six weeks for delivery. Since most styles come in a wide choice of colors, it is easy to coordinate a shirt to the color scheme of the wedding. Standard sizing ranges from small through 4XL.
- Colima Relaxed Fit Custom Italian Shirt: Pick up this custom linen shirt is done with a scalloped embroidered design accented with pin tucks. It has side buttons and a straight hem. It is available in white, bone, or natural.
- Bradford Italian Shirt: Choose either a square or rounded hem on this relaxed fit linen shirt. It comes in white or bone in 100 percent soft linen. Pick from your choice of long or short sleeves.
Guayabera shirts are traditional wedding shirts made using a blend of cotton and designed with ethnic flair. These shirts are popular for Caribbean and Mexican weddings and can be found in several styles and colors. Also called Mexican wedding shirts, Guayabera shirts are machine washable and easy to care for making them ideal for travel. These shirts are ideal for guests as well as those in the wedding itself.
Guayabera Outfit Ideas
Guayabera shirts have a great unique look all on their own, so it doesn't take much to look great for a casual wedding.
- Simple Guayabera: You can't go wrong with a simple white or off white Guayabera for a beach wedding. Pair it with a pair of tan chinos, khakis, or pants for a simple yet fabulous look.
- Long Sleeved Guayabera With Matching Pants: A monochromatic look is relaxed yet stylish. Pair a long-sleeved Guayabera in bone, ivory, natural, or other off white shade with a pair of matching linen pants for an understated look that have a big style impact.
Cubavera features stylish Guayabera shirts in classic styles. This retailer offers $5 flat rate shipping and free shipping on orders over $75. To save money, you can sign up on their site and join their mailing list to receive 20 percent off your order. Some styles of Guayabera that are available online include:
- Short Sleeve Rayon Blend Embroidered Panel Shirt: Embroidered panels offer both style and comfort on this stylish shirt. It comes in gray mist, bright white, jet black and navy blazer and is available in sizes small through XXL.
- Long Sleeve Linen-Cotton Banded Collar Popover Shirt: This wedding shirt has long sleeves and is made out of a blend of linen and cotton. It is a dressier style that will keep you cool. Details of this shirt are a banded collar, relaxed cut, and two chest pockets. It is available in natural linen and delft. This shirt comes in sizes small through XXL.
Penners Inc. carries a variety of Mexican wedding shirts. This site offers standard and express shipping options via USPS, making it possible to get your order in two business days. Penner's, Inc. offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on all items and has a hassle-free return policy. You can expect to find wedding shirt styles such as
- POCO LOCO Guayabera: This short-sleeve shirt is made from a cotton poly blend. It features bold Penbrook embroidery and comes in colors such as white with black embroidery, black with white embroidery, beige with brown embroidery, and blue with navy embroidery. This exclusively designed shirt is available in sizes medium to 3X.
- PRESIDENTE Guayabera: You can purchase this short sleeve Guayabera in a variety of colors and combinations including black with khaki, solid white, light blue, wine, white with black, and green with black. This style features stripes down the front in traditional designs as well as pleats down the front and back with a matching cigar pocket. It is available in sizes small to 5X.
Silk Wedding Shirts
Silk wedding shirts are lightweight and comfortable to wear, making them an ideal choice for an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception.
Silk Beach Shirt Style Tips
These shirts can be made in a blend of silk or in 100 percent silk. While dry cleaning is the preferred method of care, most silk shirts can be machine washed. Silk shirts can be done in vibrant colors as well as in classics, such as white, or even in patterns. Wedding guests as well as the groom or groomsmen can find silk shirts in fun styles that are distinct and fashionable.
- Salmon Silk and Dusky Blue: Salmon is a gorgeous color for a beach wedding with its subtle nod to tropical colors without being an over-the-top hue. A silk long-sleeved button down in a salmon or similar color pairs well with dusky blue. Wear it with a solid tie and coordinating dress pants for a dressy-casual wedding.
- Smart and Stylish: A simple white silk shirt looks smart and stylish when paired with a neutral tan jacket, bow tie, and charleston brick trousers. A look like this would work well for a semi-formal beach wedding because it's dressy without being too formal.
- Patterned Silk: Let your silk shirt be the star of your outfit by choosing one with an interesting pattern. The blue-green color of this shirt and its subtle yet interesting pattern make it stand out. Pair a shirt like this with tan slacks or trousers in a color that coordinates with the shirt (in this case, grey would make a good match).
- Short Sleeve Silk Shirt: A short sleeve silk shirt is a good option for outdoor weddings that are less formal. The pastel beach shade seen here would help keep heat at bay, and looks sleek and stylish paired with a light chocolate pant.
- Subtle Beach Colors: Go for a short sleeve silk style with a pattern if you want to add an extra boost of style. If you want to play up the beach aspect but still look sophisticated, choose one that has subtle beach colors, like the navy and coral in this shirt. Match it with a pair of tan chinos.
Tommy Bahama Collection
The Tommy Bahama Collection features stylish shirts in several styles and colors. Tommy Bahama offers a variety of shipping options including next day shipping and express shipping making it possible to get your items as soon as you need them. Expect to find wedding shirts such as the following online:
- Tahitian Border Camp Shirt: Ideal for the groom, this lightweight shirt is made from soft 100 percent silk and features short sleeves, a Babalou collar, and two tone embroidery. This relaxed fit shirt comes in sizes S to 3XL as well as Big & Tall sizes. It comes in colors such as Continental (off white), Galaxy Blue, Teaberry and Black.
Coconut Point Geo Camp Shirt: This short-sleeve shirt features a subtle tropical background print in 100 percent silk. Grooms, groomsmen, and guests are sure to love the relaxed fit of this shirt. It's available in Ocean Deep (blue), Light Serape (coral), Frozen Blue and Bala Shark (grey). This shirt comes in sizes XS to 3XL and in Big & Tall sizes.
Macy's carries a number of silk shirts for men that would be appropriate for a beach wedding. Not only are they easily accessible at malls nationwide, you can also order online as well. They offer frequent sales and free shipping on orders over $75.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Camp Collar Shirt: This lightweight linen and cotton blend shirt comes in beachy colors like Swim Shop Light Blue, Eastside Royal, Spring Red and White. It features a camp collar and front pocket. It is available in sizes XS through XXL.
- Tommy Bahama Botanical Border Short Sleeve Camp Shirt: This 100% cotton shirt has a camp collar and a stylish tropical striped motif. The black and white print will look good with almost any color pants and accompanying light jacket. It comes in sizes small through XXL.
Men's Polo Shirts for Beach Weddings
Polo shirts can be a good option for casual and informal weddings. They offer a put-together look without the fuss of a jacket and tie. Pastel or vivid colors can work well for a beach option, and can easily be paired with khaki pants, colored twill, or chinos.
Casual Beach Outfits With Polos
There are lots of ways to wear a polo for an informal beach wedding.
- Pastel Polo and Print Pants: A simple pastel polo like this one in a turquoise hue already looks good on its own, but pair it with a printed dressy pant for an added style boost. Keep the print subtle so it stays wedding-worth.
- Bright Polo and Neutral Blue Pants: Bright color polos can work for beach wedding just as easily as pastel shades, like the rich turquoise polo shown here. While this could easily work with tan shades, it also pairs well with neutral-hued dusky navy pants that make the color of the shirt pop.
- Light and Relaxed: A pale pink polo and light tan khakis give a casual, relaxed feel that's still dressed-up enough to work at an informal wedding.
- Striped Polo: A striped polo, like this white and navy version, is another option. While stripes can be done in any color, this one lends a slight nautical vibe that makes it fun for beach nuptials. Style it with any tan pants.
- Simple Solids: Choose a simple, solid color polo in a shade that fits your skin tone for an instant hit. The look here, with just the simple, richly colored polo and off-white khakis is simple yet stylish.
Shop Ralph Lauren, the polo shirt king, for a high quality wedding shirt.
- Custom Slim Fit Mesh Polo: This lightweight, breathable polo is ideal for hot conditions. It comes in a fitted style in several beachy colors, including Sailing Orange, Sunset Green, Empire Yellow, and Maui Pink. Find it in sizes XS through XXL.
- Interlock Short Sleeve Polo: This polo is available in both Classic and Custom Slim fits. It features a ribbed collar, three-button placket, and vented hem. It comes in 17 colors including Elite Blue, Harbor Pink, Watch Hill Blue Heather, and Highland Rose. Find it in sizes XS through XXL.
Cotton-Blend Wedding Shirts
Cotton blends are a good choice for outdoor weddings because they are fairly breathable and less likely to wrinkle. They are also widely available in many colors and short and long sleeve lengths.
Shirt Style Ideas
Cotton blend shirts are versatile and stylish, so you have plenty of options.
- Pale Blue Top and Grey Pants: Breezy, beachy, and fresh, a pale blue short-sleeved button down pairs naturally with medium grey pants for a relaxed yet fashionable look. The short sleeves and more casual pant style are best for a relaxed wedding.
- White Button Down With Tan Suit: A crisp white button down looks sophisticated paired with a subtly patterned tan suit like this. Unless it's a formal wedding, you can skip the tie to keep the look smart but slightly more relaxed. Dark dress shoes top off the style.
- Button-Downs With Suits: For weddings that are a bit more formal without going into back-tie territory, a full suit with a cotton-blend button-down shirt and tie will fit the bill. You can choose light or pale earthy colors to fit the beach vibe, such as a dark ivory suit with a lighter colored ivory shirt or a tan suit with a light blue shirt.
- Casual and Stylish: A medium-blue button down and white chinos have an instant beachy feel, but are still dressy enough to be appropriate for a casual wedding. A contrasting black belt will pull the look together.
- Formal Beach Wedding Attire: A sleek long-sleeved cotton-blend dress shirt in a solid color will work well with a full suit for a more formal wedding. The contrast of the white shirt and navy suit is perfectly fitting. Coordinate your belt and shoes for the most sophisticated style.
Cotton blend men's dress shirts are easily available at most department stores and online.
Kohls has a number of Van Huesen and Croft and Barrow men's cotton blends dress shirt available. The Van Huesen Men's Air Slim-Fit Dress Shirt is a good bet for a beach wedding because of its cooling technology, and the flattering slim fit will make any member of the wedding party or guest feel great.
Proper Cloth features cotton-linen blend dress shirts that would work for any outdoor wedding. They have three fits available (Classic, Slim, or Super Slim) and shirts come in sizes Small through Extra Large. Try the Non-Iron Stretch Lavender Grid if you are looking for a dash of color, or the Portuguese Oxford if you are looking for something more understated.
Print Wedding Shirts for Men
Print wedding shirts for men are ideal for informal weddings. They often come in short-sleeve lengths, and the patterns (often tropical in nature) only add to the exciting, festive air of the occasion. Many stores also offer tropical, Hawaiian, or beach-print shirts to choose from.
What to Wear With Casual Print Beach Shirts
While you can go bright and vivid with your shirt, balance it with more muted pants colors to keep it stylish. Consider these pairings and shirt ideas.
- Soft Colors With a Tropical Print: The muted colors of the tropical print in this shirt give it a touch of elegance. Choose a color in the shirt (such as the blue here) and look for pants in a coordinating shade.
- Bold Print With Tan Pants: The black, white, and multi-colored print of this shirt is interesting without going over the top. Pair it with a neutral color, such as tan, to keep a nice balance.
- Bright Print Shirt and Dress Slacks: Up the ante by pairing your Hawaiian or tropical print beach shirt with a pair of neutral dress slacks. Accents like a great belt and hat will finish off the outfit.
- Paisley Beach Print: For a look that combines a classic pattern with a fun one, look for a shirt that comes paisley with a tropical print. Vivid colors, like the red and orange here, pair well with a neutral grey slacks.
- Dual Patterns: If you like a double does of prints, you can pair a tropical shirt with a patterned pant. In order to pull this off best, use muted colors rather than bright, vivid ones. You'll also want to keep the same color families in both the shirts and pants, and the pants should be a more simple pattern.
Tillys is a modern shop has numerous tropical print shirts to choose from. Prints include palm trees, palms leaves, tropical florals, flamingos, beach scenes, and more. They have both vibrant prints, like the brightly colored men's Ocean Current Citrus Reale Mens Button Up Shirt, as well as more subtle options, like the Vissla Boozer Mens Button Up Shirt done in a muted light pink. Shirts comes in S through XXL.
Tropaholics has a wide range of prints that are sleek options for weddings. These range from shirts with a single palm tree, like the Bamboo Cay Men's Shirt (a camp-style shirt available in three colors in sizes Small through 4XL) to more vibrant looks, such as the Hawaiian Bliss shirt with a bold blue floral pattern (find it in sizes Large through 6XL).
Styling Basics for Men's Beach Wedding Shirts
Following a few style tips will help you know exactly what to wear to a beach wedding.
Wedding Dress Code
Sometimes weddings will have a specific dress code, and you'll need to adhere to that. While many beach weddings fall under the dressy-casual realm, if it's something different, you'll need to adjust your attire accordingly.
- Black tie: Men should wear a dark suit and tie.
- Beach formal: Men should wear a suit and tie, but colors can be bold or vibrant.
- Dressy casual: Many beach weddings fall under this realm. This is more relaxed, and men can wear a linen suit or dress shirt and slacks.
- Vacation attire/informal: This type of wedding calls for casual wear, such as informal or print shirts with khaki pants.
General Shirt Tips
Beach weddings of any type generally call for lighter colors. Consider blues, greens, yellows, turquoise shades, salmon or pink hues, purple or lavender, and even white, cream, or ivory. Print shirts and short sleeves are usually fine for less formal weddings. Cotton, cotton blends, linen, and silk shirts are all good choices. Look for breathable fabrics that will keep you comfortable.
What to Pair Your Beach Wedding Shirt With
If you're not sure what to pair your shirt with, consider tan pants or chinos for casual weddings, or dress pants and a matching blazer or suit jacket if it's more dressy. Light or mid-tone dress slacks or linen pants are good options. A seersucker suit (or just seersucker pants if it's ok to dress down) is a dressy yet lightweight option to consider, too. Good pants colors include tan, grey, light gold, baby blue, dusky blue, navy, or Charleston brick. Choose closed-toe shoes and a matching belt. You can skip the tie in many cases, but it should be worn for a formal wedding.
What to Avoid
No matter what else you decide to pair with your shirt, avoid the following:
- Don't wear shorts unless it is specifically called for by the bride and groom.
- Avoid super casual footwear like flip flops or sandals.
- Don't wear denim or ripped pants.
- Do not wear swim trunks.
- Don't unbutton too many buttons; keep shirts buttoned appropriately.
Stylish Shirt Choices
Beach weddings are all about relaxing and enjoying the scenery around the event. Men can find shirts to wear that are comfortable and will look great no matter if they are in the wedding ceremony or are simply just one of the guests.