Share autumn's abundance with your wedding guests through a favor that reflects the season. A small token of appreciation that they can reflect upon throughout the season makes a lovely thank you gift.
Falling Leaves Candle Favor
A candle that uses fall leaves is one everyone is sure to enjoy and it can help light your reception table. Multiply supplies by the number of guests attending to ensure you have enough for everyone.
- Clear mason jars
- LED votives
- Dried leaves
- Small white pebbles
- Mod Podge
- Brush Mod Podge on the jar in the places you want the leaves.
- Press leaves onto the decoupage in a haphazard design.
- Hold in place for a few minutes.
- Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge over the leaves to help hold them in place.
- Allow Mod Podge time to dry.
- When dry, tie twine around the jar's mouth.
- Place a small handful of white pebbles in the bottom of the jar.
- Add a small LED votive to the bottom.
- Attach a favor tag for guests.
Mini Autumn Wreath Favor
A small decorative wreath is a lovely accent for anyone's home. Put them on top of each guest's place setting.
- 1 mini wreath per guest
- Faux berries
- Faux flowers in fall colors like orange, yellow, and red
- Dried leaves
- Brown ribbon
- Floral wire
- Cut the blooms off the faux flower stems if necessary.
- Arrange berries, leaves, and blooms on the wreath until you achieve a pleasing design.
- Use floral wire to tie the decorations on the wreath.
- Loosely wrap the entire wreath with brown ribbon.
- Add a small loop of floral wire to the back of the wreath for hanging.
Buy Fall Favors
If you're not crafty or don't have time to make your favors, you can still give out seasonal thank yous to all your guests. Consider:
- Birch wood slab coaster - Small wood slab coasters are cute and easy - and at about $3 each, they're affordable for larger weddings. Just add a cute tag and they're ready to give to guests.
- Maple syrup - Purchase real maple syrup from Vermont that comes packaged in small leaf-shaped bottles. They cost about $4 each with larger sizes and engraving options for additional fees.
- Tartlet pans - Give guests your favorite apple, pear, or pumpkin tart recipe and a mini tart pan to make it in. These pans come in a set of six (that you can split) for less than $25.
- Combine toy - For country, Western, or rustic weddings in the fall, give guests a mini combine to represent fall harvest. They cost a little more but will be a hit with kids and adults alike; consider doing one per family/couple. Pick up a mini one for less than $15.
- Scarecrow figurine - A smiling scarecrow is a festive fall figurine that is sure to make guests small the entire season. Pick one up for less than $2.
- Acorn salt and pepper shakers - Gold topped acorn-shaped salt and pepper shaker pairs are an elegant and affordable option for a fall wedding. Get them for less than $5 each.
- Hand lotion - Give out small bottles of lotion or hand cream in a couple scents like wood or orange ginger to keep dry skin away in the fall. They can be purchased for about $4 or less.
Even if you go with traditional treats like Jordan almonds, chocolates, or caramel apples for your fall wedding, you can package them in seasonal favor boxes that feature die cut maple leaves ($6 for a dozen).
Fall weddings are beautiful, so it makes sense you'd want to bring that beauty into your favors. Highlight the bountiful season by selecting a fall favor for your guests.