Whether you're asking someone to be a bridesmaid or you want to thank your bridesmaids for being in your wedding, poems and thoughtful sayings offer a beautiful way of expressing what's in your heart. Use them to show those special women how much their participation means to you.
Personalized Bridesmaid Poems
These poems are designed to be personalized with the name of the person you want to be in your bridal party, so add the name in the appropriate place.
Will You Be My Bridesmaid? Poem
A bridesmaid is someone special.
A friend who is tried and true.
So I couldn't imagine getting married,
Without including you.
You've always been there, (potential bridesmaid's name),
You're so important in my life.
I'd like you to be in my bridal party,
As I say "I do," to the love of my life.
Will you be in my wedding, and
Be near me on my special day?
You'd make a lovely bridesmaid
So yes is what I hope you'll say.
Please Be My Maid/Matron of Honor
I've been dreaming of my wedding day
As long as I can remember.
Sometimes it would be held in June,
Other times it would be in September.
Sometimes I'd carry roses,
And other times violets.
Many men have filled the role of groom,
But their names I would always forget.
Just one thing has been constant
As I dreamed of my wedding day.
You were always there beside me
Sharing the joy along the way.
And so I'm asking you, (name),
To take on a special task.
Will you be my maid/matron of honor,
Is what I want to ask.
I can't imagine marrying (groom's name),
Without you standing near.
So please say yes dear (name),
And fill my heart with cheer.
Thank You Poems for Bridesmaids
You'll want to express your gratitude your maid/matron of honor and the rest of your bridesmaid after the wedding is over, so consider adding a poem to your thank you cards.
Thank You for Being My Bridesmaid
Thanks for being there, (bridesmaid's name),
On my beautiful wedding day.
Having you as my bridesmaid
Meant more than I can say.
It was comforting to see you there,
As I walked down that long aisle.
You gave me a boost of confidence
When I saw your encouraging smile.
You helped make the day so special,
So thank you once again,
And know that as the years go by,
I'll be there for you too my friend.
Thank You for Being My Maid/Matron of Honor
Words are not enough, (name),
To express my gratitude to you,
For being my maid/matron of honor,
And for all you had to do.
The day wouldn't have been as special
Without having you there,
And I'm grateful for all the moments
That we got to share.
So thank you for your kindness,
And for being such a wonderful friend.
I truly appreciate you even more
Than you can comprehend.
Sayings for Maids/Matrons of Honor and Bridesmaids
If you don't need an entire poem, think about using one of these sayings in a card or wedding program.
Quotes About Bridesmaids
These quotes are perfect to put on a card to ask a special friend or relative to be in your wedding.
- Bridesmaids are a bride's best friends.
- A bridesmaid's super powers include loyalty, humor, and punctuality.
- A bride can always count on her bridesmaids to lift her up.
- Bridesmaids don't just share the bride's joy, they multiply it.
Maid and Matron of Honor Quotes
Use these quotes for your maid or matron of honor.
- A maid/matron of honor is worth her weight in gold.
- Behind every beautiful bride is a maid/matron of honor making sure everything is perfect.
- A good maid/matron of honor is like a life preserver. She keeps the bride's spirits afloat.
- Grace, elegance, and fortitude; these are the attributes of a maid/matron of honor.
- The value of a maid/matron of honor cannot be overestimated.
Ways to Use Bridesmaid Poems and Sayings
Bridesmaids are such an integral part of the wedding festivities. Their duties begin long before the big day, so a thank you poem could be given at different points. For example:
- Recite a poem or saying during a bridesmaid luncheon.
- A poem or saying could be included as part of a toast to the bridesmaids at the rehearsal dinner.
- Create a special moment by reading a poem while you and your bridesmaids are by yourselves getting ready for the wedding.
- Read a poem at a thank you brunch or dinner following the wedding.
- You could include a poem or saying in a thank you card sent after the wedding.
- Include a saying or thank you poem on one side of a double frame, add a wedding photo of you and the individual bridesmaid on the other side, and give it as a gift.
Do It With Style
Asking someone to be in your bridal party is a big deal, so make sure you do it with style. A little poetry or thoughtful saying can make the moment even more special, and your bridesmaids can keep their verses as keepsakes of the occasion long after the festivities are over.