Whether you want to thank your bridesmaids for being in your wedding or just give them a personal gift to commemorate the occasion, poems and thoughtful sayings offer a beautiful way of expressing what's in your heart. Use them to show those special women how much their participation means to you.
Personalized Bridesmaid Poems
These poems are designed to be personalized with the name of the person you want to be in your bridal party, so add the name in the appropriate place.
My Bridesmaid, My Friend
We've been together, (name), through thick and thin,
Sometimes people ask if you're really my twin!
I don't think we could be closer even if we were,
And you feel the very same way, I'm sure.
So it's no surprise you're with me this day,
To head down the aisle before I make my way.
I couldn't have a better bridesmaid or a better friend,
So just for you (name), this poem I have penned.
A Bridesmaid Is Someone Special
A bridesmaid is someone special
More than an ordinary friend.
She's someone you can count on,
And her strength to you she'll lend.
She'll wear that silly dress you picked
Without a single complaint,
And when you see her wearing it,
You realize she's really a saint.
She'll patiently listen to your last-minute doubts,
And shore up your shakey confidence,
When you're thinking of pulling a runaway bride,
And jumping the nearest fence.
She'll make sure everything's perfect
As she gives you a last minute check.
And when she smiles before she heads down the aisle,
You'll realize you no longer feel like a wreck.
Yes a bridesmaid is someone special,
Of that there can be no doubt,
And I'm so glad I chose you, (name),
Because you're a gem both inside and out.
Thank You Poems for Bridesmaids
You'll want to express your gratitude your maid/matron of honor and the rest of your bridesmaids after the wedding is over, so consider adding a poem to your thank you cards.
Thank You for Being My Bridesmaid
Thanks for being there, (bridesmaid's name),
On my beautiful wedding day.
Having you as my bridesmaid
Meant more than I can say.
It was comforting to see you there,
As I walked down that long aisle.
You gave me a boost of confidence
When I saw your encouraging smile.
You helped make the day so special,
So thank you once again,
And know that as the years go by,
I'll be there for you too my friend.
Thank You for Being My Maid/Matron of Honor
Words are not enough, (name),
To express my gratitude to you,
For being my maid/matron of honor,
And for all you had to do.
The day wouldn't have been as special
Without having you there,
And I'm grateful for all the moments
That we got to share.
So thank you for your kindness,
And for being such a wonderful friend.
I truly appreciate you even more
Than you can comprehend.
What Rhymes With Bridesmaid?
If you're determined to write original poems for your bridesmaids, you might need a few rhyming words to help you out. Of course, your verses don't have to rhyme, but this short poem will give you some rhyming ideas if you need them.
To My Dearest Bridesmaid
My dearest bridesmaid,
Your friendship I would never trade.
Every day with you is like a parade.
When you're with me, I'm never afraid.
For a friend like you I've prayed,
Because our relationship you've never betrayed.
My trust in you has never been mislaid,
And my faith in you has never swayed,
And our friendship is like a beautiful serenade.
Sayings for Maids/Matrons of Honor and Bridesmaids
If you don't need an entire poem, think about using one of these sayings in a card or wedding program.
Quotes About Bridesmaids
These quotes are perfect to put on a card, or you could even include one when you ask someone to be in your wedding.
- Bridesmaids are a bride's best friends.
- A bridesmaid's super powers include loyalty, humor, and punctuality.
- A bride can always count on her bridesmaids to lift her up.
- Bridesmaids don't just share the bride's joy, they multiply it.
Maid and Matron of Honor Quotes
Use these quotes for your maid or matron of honor.
- A maid/matron of honor is worth her weight in gold.
- Behind every beautiful bride is a maid/matron of honor making sure everything is perfect.
- A good maid/matron of honor is like a life preserver. She keeps the bride's spirits afloat.
- Grace, elegance, and fortitude; these are the attributes of a maid/matron of honor.
- The value of a maid/matron of honor cannot be overestimated.
Ways to Use Bridesmaid Poems and Sayings
Bridesmaids are such an integral part of the wedding festivities. Their duties begin long before the big day, so a thank you poem could be given at different points. For example:
- Recite a poem or saying during a bridesmaid luncheon.
- A poem or saying could be included as part of a toast to the bridesmaids at the rehearsal dinner.
- Create a special moment by reading a poem while you and your bridesmaids are by yourselves getting ready for the wedding.
- Read a poem at a thank you brunch or dinner following the wedding.
- You could include a poem or saying in a thank you card sent after the wedding.
- Include a saying or thank you poem on one side of a double frame, add a wedding photo of you and the individual bridesmaid on the other side, and give it as an inexpensive gift.
Do It With Style
Asking someone to be in your bridal party is a big deal, so make sure you do it with style. A little poetry or thoughtful saying can make the moment even more special, and your bridesmaids can keep their verses as keepsakes of the occasion long after the festivities are over.