Beach wedding songs can contribute to the carefree ambiance you want to create at your wedding. Choosing the right music can make all the difference in the mood and direction you want your wedding to take. From oldies to reggae beats to songs about summer, there's something for everyone.
Favorite Beach Wedding Songs
Many couples prefer to divide up their ceremonyand reception into sections, choosing music that works best for each portion of the day. Listen to wedding music online to help you determine which song will work best for your beach wedding.
Music for the Ceremony
While everyone looks forward to the reception, the ceremony is the most important part of the day. Ceremony music can be slow and romantic or upbeat and fun; the choice is up to you. Options include:
- Better Together by Jack Johnson - The version on the Rhythms Del Mundo album has an easy-going Cuban feel. Play it as a duet during the ceremony.
- Heartstrings by Kolohe Kai - A lovely song that celebrates the love of a man for a woman; it is perfect for the bridal entrance or even as a song from the groom to the bride.
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys - The men of summer themselves have this classic love song that's perfect for playing during the ceremony.
- Tropical Sunrise by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - This instrumental is perfect for the wedding processional and recessional.
After the ceremony, it's time to introduce you as a couple for the first time. For a beach-themed ceremony, you'll want to choose a song that echoes the specialness and the significance of the moment for the bridal party entrance. Pick out an upbeat bridal party entrance song like:
- Good Times by Chic - A light song that lets everyone know how much fun they'll have at the reception.
- Jump in the Line by Harry Belafonte - This is a fun song for the bridal party entrance as they make their way into the reception.
- Loco Contigo by DJ Snake, J. Balvin, Tyga - A Spanish language song that celebrates love with a sound that crosses several genres. It's also a great pick for later in the dance if you want to select a different tune for the entrance.
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves - Nobody will be walking when it comes to this festive tune.
Beach Wedding First Dance Options
At the reception, the first dance between the couple will set the tone for the rest of the wedding. This song could reflect on the theme of your wedding or strictly focus on the beach atmosphere. Popular first dance songs include the following:
- Is This Love by Bob Marley & The Wailers - No one makes a great beach tune like Bob Marley, and this love song is no exception.
- Hawaiian Love Song by Elvis Presley - Sung as part of the ceremony in the movie Blue Hawaii, it would also make a lovely first dance tune for a Hawaiian wedding.
- Love Like Ours by Estelle ft. Tarrus Riley - A reggae-style song that celebrates love that has come through tough times.
- Perfect cover by Conkarah (original artist Ed Sheeran) - This reggae version offers a unique music option if you love the original.
- Wifey by Victor J Sefo - The song is all about the wedding proposal. It's perfect for the first dance.
New and Classic Beach Favorites for the Dance
When you think of beach music, you probably think of particular artists, such as Bob Marley or The Beach Boys. Their music includes lots of classic favorites that will work well as background music or dance music. Great tunes for the dance include:
- Banana Boat (Day-O) by Harry Belafonte - A classic tune that will get everyone swaying together.
- Hot Stuff by Donna Summer - It's an especially appropriate song if your big day has soaring temperatures.
- In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry - A rolling fun song that plays perfectly for a beach wedding.
- Marry You by Bruno Mars - It's a hot song from a trending artist that everyone will enjoy with an upbeat rhythm perfect for the beach.
- No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem by Kenny Chesney - The country artist is known for his relaxed summer hits and this is a fun one to play once things get underway.
- Steal My Sunshine by Len - Everyone who remembers the 1990s will enjoy this happy summer tune.
- Who Let the Dogs Out by Baha Men - A classic 2000 party song that will bring a smile to everyone's face.
Beyond the Beach
Even if you aren't having your wedding on the beach, you can still use beach-themed songs at a festive summer wedding. Add them to your playlist and you can groove to the tunes no matter the reception location!