Personalized wedding favors designed just for a barbecue theme reception are fun mementos! Whether you plan a casual family barbecue after a small outdoor wedding or a larger-than-life celebration, you can easily personalize favors to match your theme.
Barbecue Theme Reception Favors
A wedding favor is a small gift from the bride and groom to each of their guests, and many couples theme their favors to coordinate with the wedding theme. Popular options for personalized wedding favors for a barbecue theme reception include:
- Miniature bottles of barbecue sauce, hot sauce, or salsa
- Drink koozies
- Salt and pepper shakers
- Barbecue dry rub spices or seasonings
- Dry lemonade mix
- Miniature citronella candles
- A favorite family barbecue recipe
- Matchbook or favor-sized boxes of matches
- Corn cob skewers
- Barbecue tongs, basting brushes or other grilling tools
- Potholders or aprons
- Sunflower seeds
- Chili pepper flavored chocolate wedding favors
All of these items can be personalized with a simple wedding favor tag or label that thanks the guests for their support. Some items, such as the koozies, potholders or bandanas, can have the couple's wedding date, name and a graphic printed directly onto them.
Where to Buy Barbecue Favors
Many wedding favor outlets offer customizable favors that can match a barbecue theme, or small general items can be purchased in bulk and personalized to match. Online retailers often feature a larger selection of items to match a barbecue theme reception, such as these online retailers do:
- Beau Coup: Pick up personalized mini barbecue or hot sauce bottles.
- Kate Aspen: Select from some unique favors like personalized bottle openers, cork coasters, candy tins, and more.
- Totally Wedding Koozies: Find an extraordinary selection of themed and personalized drink koozies.
- Perfect Wedding Day: Browse the large selection of classic and themed salt and pepper shaker favors.
- Quick Candles: Select white votive citronella candles at bulk discount prices.
- Theobroma Chocolatier: Select milk or dark chocolate pops in chili pepper shapes.
Depending on the favor and the type of personalization, costs can range from less than $1 to more than $5 each. Couples with a small wedding budget, however, may wish to create their own personalization instead of paying additional costs for manufacturers' customization.
Personalizing Your Favors
Creating personalized wedding favors for a barbecue theme reception may take a bit more time than just placing an order with a custom retailer, but it isn't hard to do. Popular customization options include:
- Customized labels with the couple's names and wedding date
- Unique custom flavors for sauces or spices
- Ribbon colors to match the wedding colors
- Unique wedding favor boxes, bags, cellophane sleeves, or other containers
Retailers may be able to provide this personalization when a couple places their order for wedding favors, or the couple can choose to assemble the favors themselves with their own personalization.
To give your barbecue theme wedding favors a personal touch, consider:
- Buying parts of the favors (bottles or tins, labels, ribbons, etc.) in bulk to assemble yourself
- Printing your labels with a font to match your invitations and a small photo or unique icon
- Adding small barbecue-themed charms to the ribbons with each favor
- Writing or printing guests' names on the favors for an even more personal touch
- Adding a thank you poem or note to the label or tag to convey thanks to your guests
Whether you want to order your wedding favors or plan to create customized favors yourself, there are many fun and unique options for personalized wedding favors for a barbecue theme reception, and it is those personal touches your guests will remember well past one special day.
Barbecue Theme Receptions
Barbecue receptions are popular as economical, fun, and unique alternatives to traditional seated dinners. It is the wedding favors, however, that will add a touch of personalization to the event and give each guest a heartfelt memento. Favors can be placed at each guest's seat, arranged in the center of each table, or offered in one location for guests to collect. Choose a favor that is sure to bring a smile to everyone's face well after the festivities have finished.