A wedding night gift basket is a fun way to treat a newlywed bride and groom to a special treat and keep the wedding festivities going. Depending on your relationship to the couple and the couple's personality, you can personalize this basket to include anything you think they'll enjoy.
Nice and Naughty Gift Basket
This gift basket is designed for a couple that has a good sense of humor and isn't easily embarrassed. It is intended to set a lighthearted but romantic mood. The basket might contain:
- Lingerie for the bride
- A pair of silk boxers for the groom
- Massage oil
- A chocolate bar that contains some spice, such as chili pepper
- Edible body paint
- Red colored pillar candles
- A small bag of rose petals
- A small bottle of champagne
- Two champagne glasses
The bride and groom can use the candles and rose petals to decorate their room, creating an ambiance of romance. The food and champagne are affiliated with sensuality. Massage oil and edible body paint allow for some fun after changing into the seductive attire included in the basket.
Relaxing After the Reception Gift Basket
This gift basket idea is intended to help the bride and groom relax after their - usually very long - day of wedding festivities. It may include:
- Soft, roomy pajamas for the bride and groom that are wedding themed or that match
- A pair of soft socks each for the bride and groom
- Lavender-scented foot lotion
- A few lavender-scented candles
- Some snacks, such as candy or mixed nuts
- A box of chamomile tea bags
- Two small coffee mugs for the tea
- A wedding-themed "Do Not Disturb" sign that can be hung on the hotel room door
- Lavender scented pillow spray
The items in this basket are all relaxation themed. The scent of lavender is linked to relaxation, and the pillow spray and candles will help envelop the couple in a room emanating calmness. Lavender-scented lotion can help soothe sore feet. The snacks and tea are relaxing and delicious foods that will help the couple fill their late-night empty stomachs. Pajamas and soft socks put anyone in a calm mood.
Add a few springs of actual lavender to the basket to dress it up for presenting to the couple.
Best Night Ever Gift Basket
This gift basket keeps the well-wishing and celebratory mood going after the reception has ended and reminds the couple of just how incredible their special evening was. Its contents are intended to further congratulate the couple and remind them of how their friends and family are excited for them. Its contents might include:
- A card of congratulations signed by the couple's best friends
- T-Shirts saying "Just Married!" or something similar
- A journal to record the best memories of the evening before they're forgotten
- A CD of the best songs played during the reception
- One of the couple's wedding invitations, framed to remind the couple of their best night ever
- Light snacks, like fruit, bread, and cheese to satisfy late-night hunger as they remember their night
- A bottle of sparkling apple cider to quench their evening thirst
- Glasses reading "Mr." and "Mrs."
The contents of this basket remind the couple of their best night ever and, to that end, many of its contents focus on the "best" parts of the evening. The glasses etched with their new titles of "Mr." and "Mrs.", bath towels, and T-Shirts celebrate their new relationship while the journal, CD, framed invitation, and card reinforce the "best" theme. Snacks are included because most couples are hungry at the end of their long day.
Putting Together a Gift Basket
No matter its contents, the gift basket you create should be nicely presented. This requires using a basket deep enough to hold all the items you selected, perhaps in a color that matches either the theme of the basket or the wedding. For example, the Nice and Naughty Gift Basket might be red or black in color.
The basket should contain some tissue or colored shredded paper in the bottom so that the contents stand up and are visible. If you are afraid of the contents falling out of the basket, you may choose to use clear plastic paper to enclose the basket, which can be found at most craft stores. All baskets should contain a bow at the top that matches the basket or its contents. Don't forget to include a card so the couple knows whom to thank for the gift.
Pre-made Baskets for Purchase
Wedding night gift baskets are also sold online. Examples of offered baskets include:
- The Happily Ever After Gift Box sold by the English Tea Store combines romance with memories of a couple's wedding. Its contents include snacks in the form of cookies, crackers, and truffles, as well as an inspiration book for the newlyweds, votive candles, and a gold picture frame to fill with a photo of their choice. It costs about $53.
- The Naughty Nights Couples Romantic Gift Basket offered by GetYourGiftHere.com contains playful items. Its contents include nighttime games designed for couples, sensuous pillow spray, chocolate body paints, an aromatherapy candle, and a wooden massager. It costs approximately $145.
The Wedding Night Delight Gift Basket sold by Sparkles Gift Baskets contains snacks and chocolates. It can be personalized to add an aphrodisiac drink or adult whipped cream. It costs about $45.
Creating a Gift Basket for Giving
Wedding night gift baskets can be a fun and romantic gift for a newlywed couple to enjoy. From pampering gifts to intimate indulgences, there are many options for creating a tasteful and thoughtful gift that a couple can enjoy during their first few hours of being husband and wife.