Wedding invitation kits make it easy to create your wedding invitations even if you lack the skills of a professional graphic designer. If you have access to a home computer with a quality printer and can operate basic word processing software, you can make your own wedding invitations.
Should I Make My Own Wedding Invitations?
For the ambitious bride, printing wedding invitations at home can be a great option. Advantages include:
- For a smaller wedding, using an invitation kit is a very affordable option. You won't be faced with a large minimum order and an excess of wasted invitations.
- A do-it-yourself wedding invitation gives you a chance to use non-traditional wording, fonts, and images to create a distinctive look for your special day.
- You can make your own programs and thank you cards as well, creating a unified and cohesive look for all of your wedding stationary.
However, making your own wedding invitations is not without its drawbacks. For example:
- You'll need to plan ahead. Making your own wedding invitations can be a time consuming process, especially if you don't have friends and family members readily available to help.
- When you're pressed for time and planning a wedding, printing your own invitations is much more stressful than simply ordering a basic package of preprinted invites.
- If you're not diligent with proofreading, you may accidentally send out wedding invitations with an embarrassing typo.
Buying a Wedding Invitation Kit Online
Invitation kits can generally be purchased at any large stationary shop. However, if you'd prefer to order your invitations online, there are several sites offering wedding invitations to suit almost any taste, including:
- Target, although best known as a resource for discount household goods, has several different wedding invitation options online. Most will ship in three to five business days, with a small selection of products also available at Target retail store locations.
- The Printable Wedding has a wide selection of designer DIY wedding invitation kits for you to choose online and print at home, all for a reasonable flat subscription rate.
- Beau-Coup has a large assortment of wedding invitation kits, most in fairly plain styles. Read the product descriptions carefully, since invitations come in packages of 10, 25, or 50.
- My Expression has several choices for printable wedding invitations, including gold and silver lined cards as well as multiple floral designs. Samples are available if you'd like to see the quality of the product before committing to one particular invitation style.
- InviteSite has wedding invitations for stylish couples in search of unique stationary options. The gallery is neatly divided into designs for spring/summer and fall/winter weddings. If you don't want to actually print the invitations from home, you can choose to have the site do the printing for you.
Wedding Invitation Wording
Once you've purchased your wedding invitation kit, you may find yourself with questions about the correct wedding invitation wording. Most kits do come with an instruction guide that offers wording examples. However, you can also find assistance by visiting these links:
- Wedding Invitation Wording
- Invitation Consultants
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- The Offbeat Bride's Guide to Wedding Invitation Wording
A wedding invitation kit can be a great way for couples to personalize their wedding stationery if they are prepared for the necessary labor. With many options available, there are kits out there for any style and formality of festivities.