Choosing the Perfect Ring Bearer Gift
Choosing the right gift for a ring bearer can be a difficult task, especially if the boy you've selected to be your ring bearer isn't someone you see on a regular basis. However, the following tips should help make the job easier:
- Remember to choose an age appropriate gift. Don't give anything breakable or dangerous to a toddler and avoid overly "babyish" items for an older boy. If you're shopping online for a ring bearer gift, read the product description to look for age recommendations.
- Consider asking the ring bearer's mom for information about her son's hobbies and special interests. You don't want to give a sports-minded gift to a boy who prefers to play with toy trains.
- If you're ordering a personalized gift or an item of clothing, double check your facts. There's nothing more embarrassing than giving a gift that's the wrong size or decorated with a misspelled name.
- Don't be afraid to involve the groom in the task! Men can be surprisingly good at choosing a gift for your ring bearer. After all, they were once little boys too!
Today's couples have a wide variety of ring bearer gift choices. There are sentimental gifts and practical gifts, as well as a number of collectible piggy banks and sports-themed items.
If your ring bearer will be too young to have a vivid memory of the occasion, a sentimental keepsake might be the most appropriate choice. For example:
- An engraved feeding set is a lovely keepsake for a newborn.
- An engraved brush and comb set will keep him looking his very best.
- A framed poem lets the ring bearer know how much you appreciate his help on your special day.
- A ring bearer book helps the child understand his duties.
Would you prefer to give a ring bearer gift that the recipient can use on a regular basis? The following gifts are practical, yet fun ways to show your appreciation:
- A personalized fleece throw keeps the ring bearer warm and cozy.
- A personalized bath robe is a gift that can be used long after your wedding day has passed.
- A ring bearer mug makes a great token of your appreciation.
- A toddler will love wearing a ring bearer t-shirt that lets everyone know his role in your wedding.
Children are never too young to learn about the importance of saving money. Encourage financial responsibility and reward your ring bearer for his services with a new piggy bank. Here are some popular choices:
- If your ring bearer dreams of flying high in the sky, treat him to a helicopter bank.
- He can start saving for a real Harley in his own motorcycle bank.
- Little boys who love Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars will appreciate a car bank.
Sports gifts are often a hit with young boys. Consider the following ring bearer gifts for the sports fan: