For the budget-conscious couple, free wedding program templates can help make creating your own wedding programs easy and affordable. You can customize the programs by changing the wording and choosing appropriate paper to print them on.
Print Free Wedding Program Templates
Don't spend a lot of time or money creating your wedding program. They are helpful for guests and make a nice memento from the ceremony, but they don't need to be your top priority when it comes to wedding planning. Use a template and get your program finished quickly and easily.
If you need help downloading the templates, check out these helpful tips.
A traditional wedding program is an 8.5 x 11-inch heavy-weight paper that is folded in half. Most couples choose to purchase the programs in bulk with wedding photos or graphics on the front. All you have to do is slip your program paper into your printer, revise the downloaded template, print and fold to finish the programs.
If you are crafty or want a something unique, look for a creative template. The template below is four pages long and designed to fit paper 4 x 6 inches in size. Remember to change the names, dates and other details to fit your wedding. Print on parchment paper or other lightly colored paper using dark ink. Use a paper punch to make a hole in the upper left corner and tie the pages together with raffia or ribbon that matches your wedding colors. If desired, print a 4 x 6-inch engagement photo to use as a cover.
Additional Free Online Templates
You can find no-cost wedding program templates at a variety of websites, including wedding vendors, printing companies, and paper and software sites. For example:
Maria's Wedding Boutique
Maria's Wedding Boutique templates include several styles of plain-font programs, including:
- Standard bookfold program
- Trifold program
- Keepsake program
- Small size program
- Combination program/dinner menu
These templates only include the layout of the wedding details, not a cover design.
Southworth is a great site to make your own wedding program template without paying a penny. All of the wedding templates are preformatted, so all you need to do is write the words and print it out. All of the templates come in Microsoft Word format with some sample wording, and wedding cards from this site are guaranteed to work with all inkjet printers.
Southworth also has programs for creating announcements, invitations, place cards and more.
Paper Alchemy offers many good formal and informal wedding templates at no charge. The site also provides informative tips and hints to help customize your program. They also offer advice for the perfect creative wording for wedding invitations and wedding phrases, so you don't have to worry about exactly what you should write.
Microsoft Office offers a good clean format for their free wedding templates. These templates are simple in design but very easy to make, print, and read. To enhance the appearance of the finished programs, choose embossed or subtly printed paper to print the programs on, or insert a small image or two.
- Top Weddings: TopWeddingSites.com templates include three different program designs, including a Celtic-themed program with cover design, basic program, and elegant program with floral clip art.
- Balloons Galore: Balloons Galore wedding program templates include a standard bookfold program an a chapel fold style program. These templates include only the text layout.
If you have a crafty side or want to take the time for something a bit more creative, you may want to check out these unique templates:
- Fan Program Template: This classy yet whimsical program design is sure to make a lasting impression.
- B Wedd Tri-Fold Template: This elegant tri-fold template is designed to be placed in a paper sleeve for added sophistication.
- Martha Stewart Weddings: Martha Stewart offers a simple and pretty downloadable program template available for printing in grey or black.
Disadvantages of Free Templates
While the reduced cost is a major advantage, there are a few disadvantages to using templates that should be considered.
- Time: Searching for free programs online and making sure settings are correct for your personal computer and printer can be time consuming.
- Limited selection: While there are a variety of sites that offer templates, there may not be one that fits your needs, matches your wedding theme or is as unique a program as you'd like. The selection is much more limited than purchased programs.
Being aware of the drawbacks is important, because most couples want all the details of their wedding to reflect their personalities and contribute to the overall feel of the wedding.
Save Money Buying Programs
Many websites, and sometimes the church or venue where you are planning your ceremony, offer professionally printed programs for a nominal cost. Another option some program retailers and print shop offer is purchasing blank programs; these may include a cover photo or design of your choice and quality paper that you can print the details of the ceremony on at home. Purchasing multiple stationary items, such as invitations, programs, and thank you cards from the same retailer may also qualify for a discount on your overall purchase.
Use Free Templates at Your Wedding
With the high quality of today's home printers, wedding programs are one way to cut costs and still present guests with a nice overview of the ceremony, providing a memento or keepsake of the wedding.These do-it-yourself templates are perfectly suited to informal weddings, but can also work for more traditional weddings, particularly if a classic style and good quality paper are used for printing.