Playing bridal shower games is a traditional part of may showers for brides-to-be. For bridesmaids and friends on a budget, it's important to find free games to keep costs from getting out of control. Many fun games don't have to cost a dime in order to be great additions to any wedding shower.
Great wedding shower games are ones that everyone can play. Using a printable game is a good way to get everyone involved in the excitement of the day. You may not want to play all of these games at your shower if you have other non-printable games for guests, but having them on hand is always a good idea in case you end up with some extra time to fill. Look them over and pick one or two that best fits your shower plans, and save the rest for back-up games.
Free printable bridal shower games can be printed out from any computer that is hooked up to a printer. If you need help downloading the printables, check out these helpful tips.
This printable consists of lists of famous men and women, from historical figures to pop culture icons, both fictional and real-life. To play the Famous Couples game, guests need to match the famous male and female couples together by drawing a line from one side to another. Women are listed on one side and the men on the other.
The Love Crossword allows guests to stretch their minds as they try to complete the crossword. Use the clues given to fill in the appropriate word in the puzzle. If guests have trouble, consider letting them fill it out in pairs.
How Well Do You Know the Bride?
Bridal Word Scramble
Make your printed games look their best by following these simple tips:
- Print the games on colored paper
- Add small scrapbooking embellishments to the games, like feathers or charms
- Buy stationary with a border that matches the bridal shower theme or is wedding related
- Print the games off using your printer's best or second-best printing option to avoid lines through the ink or faded words
Plan on having at least two games ready to play at a bridal shower. Remember to have pens, pencils and other supplies necessary in order to complete the games. If the game requires an answer key, make sure you have printed it off so you don't get flustered when guests finish their games.
More Online Printable Games
Printables abound on the Internet; you just have to know where to find them. Get more shower games from these websites for your upcoming party:
- Abbee.com has four different lists of games, but not all of them are printable. Give Bridal Shower Bingo or Bridal Word Scramble a look.
- Bridal Shower Games.com has even more printable games for you. Check out What's In Your Purse, Know Each Other and Weddings A-Z.
- Get the party started with fun games like Happily Ever After (a spin on Mad Libs) or Wedding Cake Words from Word-Game-World.com.
If you look over the printed games and decide they aren't the right fit for your shower, don't worry. There are still plenty of free bridal shower games to play that don't require printables, like breaking the group into teams and competing in a wedding dress design competition using only toilet paper or duct tape.
Best Bridal Shower Games
The best bridal shower games are ones that the bride and her guests enjoy playing, relate back to weddings in general or the shower theme, and are simple and quick to play. Using free printables is just one shower idea that helps keep costs down and the fun up during the event.