Instead of wasting precious wedding budget money buying wedding planning guides and catalogs, request free bridal catalogs whenever you can. While searching the Internet can be fun and free, catalogs are more easily transported and you do not have to wait for any images to be downloaded.
Catalogs are available from vendors in almost every area of planning your wedding, from attire to accessories to wedding reception decorations. Once the catalog arrive you may find special deals that are exclusive to the catalog or you may be eligible for a special discount as a registered recipient. Keep in mind that free catalogs may still have shipping and handling charges, so decide whether this small fee is worth the entire catalog or not before you order.
Catalogs for Wedding Invitations and Accessories
Wedding invitations and accessories can be found in catalogs from the following companies:
- The American Wedding: Get the free catalog that features wedding invites, save-the-dates, stationary and more.
- Invitations by Dawn: Choose from four different catalogs, each catering to a different type of wedding style: Invitations by Dawn, Destination Romance, Seasons of Love, and Wedding Country.
- Gunther Gifts: Enter your personal information and you'll be sent a catalog filled with accessory, gift and invitation options perfect for your wedding.
Bridal Party Gifts and Guest Favors
Remember to thank your attendants and guests for their love, help and support as you start your journey as husband and wife. Use the items in these catalogs to find the perfect way to say thanks.
- Oriental Trading Company Wedding Catalog: Find cheap favors, accessories, gifts, invitations, decorations, and more in this catalog.
- Things Remembered: Personalized, elegant gifts for parents, bridal party members, and guest favors are all available from Things Remembered.
- ForeverWed: Send a written request to ForeverWed for one of six different catalogs, ranging in items form general supplies to engraved gifts to favors and more.
Wedding Dresses and Bridal Party Attire Catalogs
From gowns to tuxes, you can find a catalog that highlights what you need to look your best on the big day.
- Impression Bridal offers a mailed catalog for the cost of shipping and handling.
- BCBG has a bridal section online; to receive the free catalog, click on the "catalog request" link at the bottom of the page and fill in your information.
- J. Crew: From clothing perfect from the rehearsal dinner to a simple wedding gown, both men and women can find what they need for their wedding day at a reasonable price.
- JLM Couture: Click on the Catalog Requests tab and you can choose to receive catalogs for Jim Hjelm Occasions, Alvina Valenta Bridesmaids, and Lazaro Bridesmaids.
- Mary's Bridal: For a small shipping and handling fee, you can receive a 300-plus page catalog from Mary's Bridal.
Wedding gown designers often have catalogs that are shipped to bridal stores. Ask at your appointment about various designer catalogs, like Maggie Sottero's.
Online catalogs are becoming increasingly popular, as it makes it easy to bookmark or email favorite designs. Plenty of bridal designers and boutiques showcase their dresses and accessories online.
- Alfred Angelo offers eCatalogs online for brides, bridesmaids, special collections like the Disney Collection, and special occasion dresses. If you want a catalog mailed, a shipping and handling fee is charged.
- David's Bridal is a popular chain because of the beautiful gowns and even better pricing. Online catalogs are available for free browsing, and you can pick them up in-store, too.
Most designers and companies like Maggie Sottero and Vera Wang will offer a selection of gowns on their websites. If you have a favorite designer, check their websites out to see if they have a catalog of designs available online.
Online Catalogs for Cultural Wedding Dresses
Not every bride wants to wear a traditional white Western wedding gown. If you're planning an Indian or Chinese wedding, you may want to check out free online catalogs specializing in that style of gown.
Indian Wedding Dress Catalogs
An Indian wedding dress is much more unique and unusual than classic bridal gowns. The following merchants offer a variety of beautiful dresses that can be viewed in their online catalogs. These merchants also offer wedding accessories for the special day.
- Utsav sells a wide variety of exclusive wedding bridal Lehnga Cholis and traditional wedding accessories.
Chinese Wedding Dress Catalogs
A Chinese wedding requires a variety of beautiful dresses for the bride. From the traditional kwa or qi pao to the bridal crown, each item is elaborately decorated with a phoenix and dragon embroidered on red material. The color red is considered lucky and can ward away evil spirits from the wedding celebration.
- Ancient Moods sells a variety of qi pao and cheongsam at affordable prices.
- EfuShop allows you to choose your own fabric, buttons and style to create a unique cheongsam.
Wedding Decorations and More
Fill out the online information request to get catalogs that have almost everything you need to plan your wedding from these retailers:
- Exclusively Weddings: Items include reception decorations, ceremony accessories, invitation, and wedding gifts.
- Ann's Bridal Bargains: Napkins, stationary, favors, decorations, and gifts can all be found at a discount from this retailer
More Places to Request Wedding Catalogs
Sign up to get free wedding magazines and catalogs in a variety of places beyond those available online. Additional places to request free catalogs include:
- Checking with bridal boutiques
- Sending in a card or calling a number out of the back of a bridal magazine to request free catalogs
- Registering with various companies at a wedding vendor show or bridal expo
- Asking the tuxedo shop if they offer catalogs for menswear
If you have a wedding coordinator, don't forget to ask her for any catalogs she recommends too. She will know exactly which ones have the best items and which ones offer the most savings.
Send for Catalogs with Caution
Use free bridal catalogs to help cut costs and find the best deals for your big day. Be careful about "free trials" or "free issues" that may be offered however, as you might need to cancel a subscription plan in order not to get charged for a catalog or magazine.