If you're marrying in Autumn, you may wish to give wedding fall wedding favors to your guests as a reflection of this. You may not think there aren't many options available, but this is not the case. If your wedding falls in late September through November, you might consider favors with an autumn inspired theme.
Nothing symbolizes autumn like falling leaves. Fortunately, there are many wedding favors following this motif. Leaf shaped crystal or silver boxes are a favorite. When inscribed with the Happy Couple's names and wedding date, they become a treasured keepsake. Also following the falling leaf motif are coasters, etched vases, salt and pepper shakers, and wine glasses. Also consider tea cups, coffee or hot chocolate mugs, and candy dishes.
Choose candles in fall colors such as gold, orange or brown. Consider spicy scents such as cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla, or go for something more unusual such as pumpkin. Besides fall colors, you can find leaf shaped candles or candles with leaves embedded into the sides.
Like candles, potpourri can be found in many scents and colors reminiscent of autumn. Keepsake boxes, tea cups and mugs filled with potpourri sachets make a wonderful fall wedding favor.
Bulbs & Seeds
Fall wedding favors such as bulbs and seeds are truly the gifts that keep on giving. Imagine your guests being reminded of your special day year after year as hyacinths, tulips, crocuses and daffodils and other bulbs suitable for fall planting push up through the ground in the spring. Gifts of the living are often the most appreciated.
Seed wedding favors abound on the Internet. The packages come in silver foil or matching your wedding colors. Your names and wedding date are printed on the front with planting instructions on the back.
Other gifts that will serve as a frequent reminder of your wedding day are trees. Many trees that are dormant in the fall are available as wedding favors. Seedlings wrapped in elegant paper and ribbon can be ordered in bulk online. Planting instructions are available.
Food Wedding Favors
Celebrate the harvest with some food fall wedding favors. Here are some suggestions
- Honey - Small decorative jars of honey are available for wedding favors. Labels can be imprinted with your names and the wedding date. As an extra bonus, give silver honey dippers to go with.
- Maple Syrup - Pure maple syrup is always a welcome treat.
- Jams and jellies - Also available in decorative jars and bottles.
- Chocolate leaves - Send your guests home with leaf shaped chocolates wrapped in gold and orange foil.
- Cider - Give small bottles of sparkling cider or fresh apple cider. Decorative labels are imprinted with your names and wedding date.
- Hot chocolate, tea and coffee - Your guests are sure to appreciate decorative mugs with packets of tea, hot chocolate or gourmet coffee included.
- Cookie cutters - Your guests will think of you every time they cut out leaf or tree shaped cookies with these fall wedding favors.
Where to Find
Most of the fall wedding favors mentioned again can be found online. Some specialty items can be ordered directly from the manufacturer. For instance, f you have a favorite manufacturer of pure maple syrup, contact customer service directly to see what they have available for wedding favors.
To order from the Internet, try one of these shops:
Did your wedding favors reflect the season or a particular theme? Share your ideas in the comments section below.