Daisy theme wedding ideas are perfect for a spring, summer or even fall wedding, due to the multiple hues and varieties of daisies. A sweet alternative to the popular rose, daisies are a top wedding flower choice for many couples. Incorporate the flower throughout the wedding as a theme, going beyond Gerber daisy bridal bouquets.
Accent Attire with Daisies
All eyes are on the bride as she walks down the aisle, so buy a wedding dress with daisy floral accents. Look for one that features embroidered or beaded daisies around the bodice or waistline of the dress. Purchase a wedding veil and bridal jewelry that have daisies in their design. A daisy flower in the bride's hair is perfect for an outdoor wedding.
Look for matching styles of dress and jewelry for the flower girl so she reflects the bridal style. Have her carry a basket covered in daisies, and weave a daisy chain through her hair.
Choose a bridesmaid dress that matches the hues in the varieties of daisies used in the wedding flowers. In fact, it is easy to add a large daisy brooch or pin to a bridesmaid dress without interfering with the overall style.
Pin a single daisy boutonnière on the lapel of the groom, groomsmen and usher's suits. Accent the ring bearer pillow with a large daisy on the top.
Daisy Theme Wedding Ideas: Decorations
Feature daisies throughout the wedding for a cohesive theme. Begin with sending out wedding invitation cards that have a daisy motif and incorporate daisies into the decorations at both the ceremony and reception.
The charming daisy flower creates an appealing setting for the wedding ceremony. Use daisies in the following ways at the wedding ceremony:
- Match the wedding program to the invitations using a daisy design. Choose a program with a daisy photo or daisy clip art. A stamped daisy, embossed daisy or even a daisy charm are other ways to incorporate a daisy into the program.
- Place daisy wreaths at the ends of guest seating instead of the typical bow.
- Place candles in windowsills using daisies as an accent. Look for candleholders with daisy decorations or place daisies around a large pillar candle.
- Wrap daisies in a garland around banisters, candelabras or railings as the location allows.
Of course, a floral wedding theme needs to feature flowers. Use daisies in wedding altar flowers and other wedding flower arrangements throughout the ceremony location. Daisies are available in silk, so it is possible to have daisy theme wedding ideas even if you are not using real flowers.
As with all themes, a daisy theme can be as simple or extravagant as the couple chooses to make it. Create a reception exploding with daisy blooms or just add a few touches that hint at the theme. The choice depends on the couple's preferences, budget and reception location.
A daisy bouquet is an excellent centerpiece choice at the reception. You can add daisies to wedding tables in a number of other ways as well:
- Rent plates that feature a daisy motif
- Choose table linens that feature embroidered daisies
- Tie a ribbon around each chair and glue a faux daisy into the center of the chair bows
- Feature a daisy on the reception menu card
- Place napkins in a daisy themed ring on top of the plates
- Scatter daisy petals around tables in lieu of rose petals
Set the tone with a large daisy-covered arch entrance to the reception areas. Aim a daisy shaped spotlight on the dance floor or have a daisy ice sculpture in the center of the wedding buffet or dessert table. Include daisies on a simple wedding cake with fresh flowers.
Daisy Theme Memories
Send guests home with a little piece of the wedding theme by choosing a wedding favor with daisies. Tie a wedding favor box with ribbon and affix a faux daisy head to the top. Look for bookmarker favors with daisies, give guests daisy seed packets or even send daisy cookie cutters home with guests so they remember the wedding day each time they bake cookies.
After the wedding, send thank you notes to guests and helpers with a daisy theme. Choose a wedding photo album and picture frames with daisies for displaying beautiful memories of the wedding day.