If you're planning a rustic celebration or a western wedding, coordinating wedding favors add whimsical charm to your event. There are many favor options to choose from in a range of prices, making it simple to find just the right one to thank your guests for being part of your special day.
Cowboy Hat and Boot Favors
No country-themed wedding would be complete without a few cowboy hat and western boots thrown into the mix. A great way to incorporate them into the theme is to turn them into the wedding favors. Some ideas to consider include:
- Flip a cowboy hat over and fill it with chocolate candy. Pick up 24 mini ones from MyWeddingFavors.com for under $12.
- Purchase mini cowboy hats and tie a bow in your wedding colors around each one. Get sets of 12 hats in your choice of white, tan, or black from Beau Coup in two or three inch sizes. Prices range from around $12 to just over $13.
- Use a place card holder in the shape of a boot or cowboy hat at each guest's seat that will serve as a place holder and a favor. The western ones from Oriental Trading come in sets of 12 for around $14.
While simple favors such as chocolate bars and candies can easily be personalized with a country-themed label, there are many other edible wedding favors perfect for a country theme, such as:
- Mini bottles of barbecue sauce or hot sauce: Make your own barbecue sauce like an orange chipotle flavor or pick up mini bottles of TABASCO sauce in packs of 10 for about $12 at Amazon.
- Small jars of honey from a local beekeeper: If you can't find any locally, consider ordering some from Cudge.net. You'll get 60 jars of Bonne Maman honey for around $42.
- Burlap fudge favors: Fill a burlap favor bag with assorted candies or plastic-wrapped fudge favors and tie with a small piece of twine. Find burlap bags at Wedding Favors Unlimited with white hearts in packages of 25 for under $40.
Themed Cookie Cutters
Cookie cutters are a popular favor choice, so incorporate your country theme into this favor idea using a variety of ways.
- Themed cookie cutters can be found in country designs such as a boot, a cowboy hat, a horse and a horse shoe. They are priced around $16 for a set of four at Sat'n Spurs.
- For those on a budget, consider purchasing heart-shaped cutters in bulk, for less than a dollar a piece, to use as a favor. To complete the cookie cutter favor, tie a plaid ribbon to each one along with a favorite cookie recipe such as one for old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies.
- If you are having a cookie or dessert table, consider making decorated cookies using some of the country-themed cookie cutters you are using as favors. Place small favor boxes near the table so guests can take home a delicious decorated favor.
Scented and Decorative Candles
Candles are always a popular option for a wedding favor. For a country wedding, a candle in a rustic mason jar in a country scent such as apple, pumpkin, or spice is ideal. You can go a step further and place a personalized label on each candle or place the candle in a clear gift bag and tie it off with a piece of twine. Some candles to consider using include:
- Yankee Candle Company's Apple Cider votive candle is priced under $2 and will burn for up to 15 hours.
- A floating candle, such as the Sunflower Floating Candle at Armadilla Wax Works, is a unique alternative to traditional candles. A floating candle can be wrapped in netting and tied with a coordinating ribbon. Most floating candles can be found for less than $3 a piece.
- Personalized candle tins can be found for less than two dollars each through MyWeddingFavors.com. These tins can be done with the couple's name and a country design such as horseshoes.
If you are crafty, you may want to make your own mason jar candle. This option allows you to customize your scent and is a great way to cut down on costs.
A packet of flower seeds, such as sunflower seeds, can add a pretty touch to any table. You can give each guest a miniature terra cotta pot that can be purchased from gardening stores or Amazon for around $8 for a set of 10, along with the pack of seeds. You can find customized packets of seeds as favors that can be personalized with the couple's name and wedding date as well at Wedding Packets.
Add a saying to each packet with a wedding favor tag. Use one of the following ideas:
- Plant these seeds as a symbol of our growing love.
- These flowers will grow much like our love continues to grow.
Homemade favors are not only affordable but can also be unique. Gather friends and family for the day and create favors for your guests such as:
- Sachets made from burlap pouches and filled with cinnamon, lavender or potpourri
- Small glass jars filled with spices or dried herbs such as basil or parsley
- Homemade trail mix in mini bags using a mix of nuts, raisins, chocolate chips and dried cranberries
All In the Presentation
No matter what country favor you select, proper presentation can add another layer of country charm to the token. When giving favors to your guests, you can opt to have the favors at each place setting at the wedding reception or for a more country flair, pile the favors in a small wagon or barrel decorated with coordinating flowers and accents. Placing the favors near the entrance or guest book are the most popular choices. Wedding favors in a country theme are sure to be a hit at your wedding and will remind your guests of your special day after it has ended.