Plan your Cinderella theme wedding and make your fairytale a reality by using the following ideas to make your dreams come true.
A Cinderella Theme Wedding Begins with "The Dress"
As many wedding planners or bridal experts will tell you, the wedding dress sets the theme for the entire wedding. This is no exception when planning a Cinderella (often referred to as a fairytale or "happily ever after" theme) wedding.
A ballgown is a must. Lots of flounce, bustle, and sparkle will make the dress fit for a princess. Rhinestones, crystals, beadwork, and sequins will make your dress stand out. If you find a dress that is perfect, but comes up short in the skirt, add a petticoat.
Getting glass slippers may be difficult (not to mention, uncomfortable), but take advantage of the new clear styles of wedding shoes that will give the same effect.
Have a wedding hairstyle that involves an updo, preferably with a bun or large curls. Add a crystal or rhinestone bridal tiara to complete your fairytale look.
Of course, the groom's attire is not to be ignored either. Choose a tuxedo with tails, in traditional black or white. Consider adding a braided gold accent around one of the sleeves to really make him stand out.
Accent your Cinderella theme wedding by incorporating fairytale details everywhere you can. Invitations, programs, and thank-you notes can all be purchased with either the Disney take on Cinderella, or with a more generic fairytale theme.
Use the following ideas to really complete your fairytale wedding.
- Have matching themed unity candles, guest book, and toasting flutes.
- Place the wedding rings in a glass slipper that is glued to a pillow for the ring bearer to carry down the aisle.
- Get a castle card holder for the reception.
- Have a "footman" open vehicle doors for guests as they arrive to the reception site (if different than wedding ceremony site).
- Use horse and carriage table centerpieces. Fall wedding centerpieces may include pumpkins.
- Give out keepsake favors, like candles or cookies, in the shape of castles or glass slippers.
- Cake toppers in the Disney theme or fairytale theme are beautiful additions.
- Choose a variety of music from your favorite princess movies for the dance.
- To add a little levity to the dance, have the groom place the "slipper" on the bride before the garter removal, to make sure she truly is "his Cinderella."
Depending on your budget and your location, you can choose to add some extravagant touches to your wedding to truly make it a fairytale.Instead of a limousine service, hire a horse and carriage to transport the bride to the wedding ceremony. Then have the bride and groom leave for the reception in the carriage after the wedding. Of course, white horses are a must!
The reception site itself may be a castle. Castles in North America can be found, although some destination brides may like to go overseas to find the perfect site. An outdoor courtyard would lend itself well for those wishing to commune with nature, while ballrooms and large dining halls are always make a grand impression. Some castles may not be available for rental or not have overnight accommodations near. In that case, have the wedding at a castle which has been converted into a hotel.
For a truly memorable reception, employ an orchestra instead of the typical disc jockey. Have them play period pieces by classical composers that you and your guests will enjoy throughout the dinner hour. Check with your local Chamber of Commerce, theatre, and college to find an appropriate orchestra.
Finally, make your honeymoon destination fit into your Cinderella theme. Head off to Walt Disney World, visit Windsor Castle in London, or tour famous castles throughout Europe.
Regardless of how you choose to incorporate the various themed ideas, your wedding will be lovely. But the most important thing about your Cinderella theme wedding is that the prince and princess (also known as the groom and bride) will live happily ever after.