Elegant and romantic, candle wedding favors are a perennial favorite. There are many different types and designs of candles to choose from so it should be easy to find ones that are unique and special for your big day.
Types of Candle Favors for Weddings
Candles come in many shapes and styles. Some popular options to use as favors include:
Tea light candles are inexpensive and can be purchased in bulk. Tea lights come in a wide variety of colors and scents making them ideal to use as part of a favor.
Tea light candle holders vary in cost, but you can find many inexpensive styles at discount and department stores as well. You can also find tea light candles in their own lidded tins.
Votives are another good option for wedding favors. The cost is also very reasonable, especially when buying in bulk. You can choose smooth or textured, highly scented, lightly scented, or unscented. These are typically cylindrical or square. You can purchase glass votives or votives alone and purchase votive holders separately if you wish. Small votive jar candles are also available.
For a unique look, ball candles are fun and festive. They come in several sizes and in smooth, textured, and sculpted styles.
Taper candles are very elegant and can also be used as wedding favors. They are available plain, decorated, scented, or unscented. Plain tapers are also very reasonable in cost.
Gel candles are a unique candle favor idea. One advantage to these candles is that there are many types of scenes depicted in the gel -- beach scenes, nautical accents, and garden themes are all popular. These make beautiful favors.
Most gel candles are somewhat more expensive than typical wax candles, but you can also find some selections at discount candles suppliers at comparable costs to wax candles. Colored gel candles are also less expensive than those with scenes.
Shopping for Wedding Favors
Candle wedding favors can be purchased just about anywhere. You can find them at retail locations and online at sites such as:
- My Wedding Favors has a great selection of candle favors. You can find candles with themes such as the beach, Disney, cherry blossoms, calla lillies, and more. From tea lights to beehive styles, there is sure to be something perfect for your big day. This site even offers personalized candles that will add a special touch to any celebration.
- Favor Favor has candles shaped as hearts, flowers, cakes, and more. In addition to traditional candles, you can find ones done in tins, lanterns, themed holders and decorative packaging. Favor Favor also features a range of personalized candles that can be used as favors.
- American Bridal has candle favors in themes such as Asian, seaside, winter wedding, and even sailing. From simple to elaborate designs, you are sure to find a match for your wedding theme.
- Favor Warehouse has votives, tea lights, candle holders, and tins that can be used as favors. Find themes ranging from wine to the beach that will add to your wedding decor and delight your guests.
- Little Things Favors has personalized candle favors that are ideal for any wedding. Find designs such as heart tins, frosted glass holders and even soy candles.
Specialty Candle Idea List
There are dozens of unique and specialty candles that can be used as favors. Check out designs such as:
- Etched or carved with the couple's names
- Heart shaped candles
- Mini wedding cake candles
- Wedding gown candles
- Flower shaped candles
- Rose shaped tapers
- Champagne gel candles
- Fruit shapes, such as apple or pear
- Sculpted wedding bells
- Starfish and sand dollars
- Boats and lighthouses
- Candles designed to resemble chocolates
- Candy cane or Christmas ornament candles
- Sea shell votives
- Sculpted Cinderella slipper
- Beeswax scrolls
- Monogrammed or personalized candles
- Sculpted floating candles
Wedding Candle Scents and Colors
White and cream colored candles will work well for any wedding. If you choose to go with scented or colored candle wedding favors, choose those that coordinate with the season, location, and theme of your wedding.
- Christmas weddings, for example, would work well with rich evergreen or cranberry colors and pine, bayberry, cookie dough, cider, or gingerbreads scents.
- Spring weddings are perfect for pastel candles and floral scents.
- Fall is perfect for warm, rich oranges, reds, and golds along with apple, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and woodsy scents.
- For a summer or beach wedding, fresh linen and cotton scents, citrus scents, rich florals, and cherry and berry scents work well with whites, creams, or bright summer colors.
Candle Favor Presentation
Present your candles to guests in a way that makes them feel appreciated.
For a wedding, choose a candle holder in the shape of a heart or one done in a frosted or colored glass. The favors not only serves a special gift for your guests but can add to the overall table decoration as well.
Plain Candle Favors
If you plan on giving the candle alone, a label or strip around the candle with a note of gratitude or special phrase is a nice touch.
You can also wrap candles in materials such as tulle, organza, cellophane, tissue, or another wrapping of your choice. Candles can even be placed in bags or boxes. For a special touch, consider wrapping a candle of your choice in white netting and tying the top with a ribbon in your wedding color.
Wedding favors remind guests of your big day. They not only serve as decoration but can be a special token given to each guest as a thank you for taking part in your celebration. Each time your guests use the candles, they will be reminded of your special day.