The ideal beach wedding bridesmaid dress is stylish yet understated. Since beach weddings require walking in the sand and being next to the water, you will want a dress that is comfortable and fashionable.
Bridesmaid Dress Options
Dresses for bridesmaids to wear at a beach wedding can often be found on the racks of department stores, at bridal shops as well as online. Unlike formal, traditional bridesmaid gowns, beach wedding attire can be more relaxed and casual. Many of the styles can be worn after the wedding for parties and other special affairs.
Some styles to consider for a beach wedding include:
Wedding Tropics features a variety of stylish bridesmaid dresses in comfortable fabrics such as chiffon, satin and tulle. All dresses are made to order according to your custom measurements and are available in 34 colors such as aqua, blue, green, lavender, champagne, gray, white, pink and navy.
When ordering, you will need to provide your size, bust, hip, and waist measurements and length of the dress. Orders take no longer than four weeks to be delivered. Some styles ideal for a beach wedding include:
- Juliana: Priced around $130, this short, strapless chiffon dress is fully lined and features a cinched waist to flatter the figure. It has a sweetheart neckline and a pleated top.
- Erika: Priced around $130, this flattering dress is made from chiffon and features a ruched sweet heart neckline and elegant flower detail at the bust. It is fully lined and is not only ideal for a wedding but just about any occasion.
- Elizabeth: Priced around $130, this dress has a ruched bust and an empire waist. It is fully lined and is strapless.
Customers who purchased from the site rave about the great customer service, exceptional quality and overall appearance of the items.
Not only does J. Crew make stylish, comfortable clothing for the entire family but this retailer also features a selection of wedding attire including bridesmaid dresses. Dresses come in strapless, sleeveless, one sleeve, long, and short styles. Materials available include silk chiffon, liquid jersey, cotton cady, and silk taffeta.
Some styles to consider for a beach wedding are:
- Kylie Dress: Priced around $250, this dress comes in colors such as lavender, aqua, coral, champagne and rose. It is done in a sheer silk chiffon featuring a one-shoulder silhouette, a fitted bodice and a flouncy skirt. The Kylie is available online only and comes in sizes 00 to 16.
- Lacy Dress: Priced under $240, this dress is done in cotton cady. It is a strapless style with a straight fit and is fully lined. The perfect accent to this dress is the coordinating silk sash at the waist. This dress is sold online only and comes in sizes 00 to 16. Colors available include peacock, tangerine, slate, navy, fuchsia, and wine.
- Laila Dress: Priced around $250, this dress is made from silky liquid jersey. The fluid knit will drape your figure and is very comfortable. Features of this dress include a keyhole neckline, ruching and an A-line silhouette. It is only available online and comes in colors such as violet, red, mushroom, slate, and navy and is available in sizes 00 to 16.
J. Crew offers flat-rate shipping for $8.95 and free shipping for qualifying orders of $175 and up.
David's Bridal has a large selection of informal bridesmaid dresses ideal to wear on the beach. All orders of $99 and more ship for free. Some styles to consider include:
- Short Crinkle Chiffon Dress: Priced around $140, this dress is simple yet stylish. It is available in sizes 2 to 26 and in over 43 colors. This strapless style features a sweetheart neckline, ruching detail, and a short silhouette.
- Floral Print Cotton Strapless Dress: This dress is priced around $60 and comes in sizes 4 to 26. It is done in a cotton pique fabric featuring blue and green floral pattern against a white background. It has a strapless bodice and a bubble hem skirt.
- Cotton Sateen Strapless Dress: Priced around $100, this dress both online and in stores. It comes in sizes 2 to 26 and in over 20 colors. This dress features ruching on the bust and at the waist and gets rave reviews by customers that have purchased and worn this style.
Bridesmaid Beach Attire Tips
Most beach weddings are more casual than a traditional church wedding. The clothing worn often reflects this fact. For bridesmaids, some style tips to consider include:
- Complement the bride: A bridesmaid's dress should complement what the bride is wearing. If the bride opts for a sleek dress, the bridesmaids should have a similar elegant look. If the bride is wearing a casual sundress, the bridesmaids should be just as casual.
- Fabric: Choose a lightweight fabric that will be comfortable on the beach. Don't go with anything heavy or cumbersome.
- Color: Since beach weddings are often held in the summer or at a time of the year when the weather is warm, colors should be soft. Pastel shades of green, blue, and pink are always appropriate and will look great against the sandy beach.
- Style: Strapless or sleeveless bridesmaid dresses are ideal for a beach wedding. If there is a breeze or a slight chill, consider wearing a light wrap or shawl over your dress.
- Accessories: Keep the accessories simple. A pair of sandals or dressy flip flops will look cute for a beach wedding. Jewelry should be kept minimal.
Comfort and Style
Beach wedding attire should not only look great but be comfortable as well. Dresses for bridesmaids are often done in shorter styles made from cool fabrics that can breathe and keep you cool while out in the sun. Bridesmaids can look stylish and enjoy standing in the sand in a dress that can often be worn after the special day is over.